It takes a lot of determination to lose weight and build your dream body. It's certainly not an overnight operation. If you find yourself frustrated in the moment in the beginning or middle of your weight loss journey and not losing weight like you desire, don't fret. It's not the end of the world. Perhaps it's time for you to edit your diet, sleep patterns, and most importantly, cut out food and drink 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. Studies have shown when you cut food and drink off 2 to 3 hours before bedtime, the body finds it easier to burn off excess calories while in REM sleep mode.
Five natural and potential ways to increase bowel movement and accelerate natural long-term weight loss:
1. Do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach before starting your work day - It's a difficult habit to adjust to but give yourself roughly about six weeks until your mind and body gets used to performing this morning routine. The key to success in staying consistent with cardio is not starting out doing one hour on the treadmill or elliptical bike. Allow yourself time to get adjusted to doing cardio by starting out to do 10 to 20 min. on the treadmill or elliptical bike in the morning on an empty stomach. Doing so will get yourself in the positive habit of doing cardio and you'll slowly start to feel the unhealthy weight coming off. Once your body gets used to doing cardio and the unhealthy weight starts coming off it'll be easier for you to do cardio as your heart rate will also increase. As your heart rate increases you'll slowly become addicted to doing cardio whether it's in the morning or whenever. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach before starting your work day will also increase bowel movement and long-term weight loss, putting you closer toward your goal of potentially getting back in those slim fitting clothes.
2. Supplement with L-Arginine - this is an amazing supplement that triggers natural release of growth hormone. Always consult with your doctor for starting any supplement routine as everyone's body is different. People who supplemented with L-arginine have benefited from increased cardiovascular output, better sleep patterns, improved intimate encounters with their spouse, and increased bowel movement. Yes, L-arginine promotes healthy bowel output especially when taken on an empty stomach before cardiovascular activity. The good thing about supplementing with L-arginine is the body can't get enough of this beautiful and isolated amino acid. L-arginine was researched and became isolated as a standalone amino acid in the late 1800s to this very day. Did you also know L-arginine is just as powerful as creatine and assists the body in naturally building muscle and increasing memory retention? L-arginine is also responsible for the build up of nitric oxide in human muscle tissue as well as an amino acid used in turbo kits to make cars go faster (NoS). L-arginine is not to be ignored when looking to increase exercise in cardiovascular output as well as increased bowel movement.
3. Psyllium husk - this is a natural fiber beneficial to the human body. People who are fixated on losing weight long-term should consider using this amazing supplement in their diets. Psyllium Haas is available at your local health food store. Always consult with your physician before starting any supplement regimen. Psyllium husk is a beautiful supplement because it binds to roughage in the digestive system and pushes out the old stuff. End result? Long-term weight loss, a healthier colon, decreased headaches, and increased desire to exercise more and run often. Psyllium husk is an exception to the rule mentioned above because you can take this before bed. It will help you lose weight by waking up in the morning feeling full and pushing you to release more bowels in the morning resulting in a healthier and lighter feeling. For more information on psyllium husk you can visit your local health store as recommended or perform a search in your favorite search engine.
Related: Alternative methods to increasing movement of bowels
4. Drink Prune juice - Natural prune juice available at your local supermarket is a natural fiber laxative your digestive system will love. You are being forewarned that it will give you the runs as this drink is not recommended to take before bed. You will wake up in the middle of the night back and forth to the restroom. Prune juice is good to take in the morning after you've completed your cardio or morning exercise "post workout prune juice." Prune juice immediately works like psyllium husk in terms of binding to roughage in your digestive system and releasing with no delay. Drinking prune juice at least three times a day and sometimes backing with psyllium husk will really put your weight loss efforts in overdrive. And once again, insult with your physician before starting any kind of supplement regimen.
5. Supplement with L-arginine before marathon training - A wonderful thing to know about supplementing with L-arginine before training for a marathon is that it will help increase bowel output in a matter of hours. Marathon training with L-arginine will do a few things to you. First, you will sweat pillars of sweat like there is no tomorrow. Second, your clothing will start to smell like ammonia. Don't fret at your workout clothing starting to smell like ammonia because this is when you know the L-arginine supplement is working. What L-arginine is doing is actually flushing out the bad ammonia from your system. L-arginine is also promoting increased bowel movement and helping your body feel lighter during marathon training. L-arginine will also stimulate deep sleep for potentially up to 10 hours or more after completing marathon training. This is a good thing because arginine has stimulated the release of natural growth hormone in your body. You'll also increase bowel output upon awakening.
Related: 26.2 mile marathon preparation (recommended approaches)
These are just a few of many ways to lose weight and increase bowel output. Natural methods and supplementation works toward reaching your health and fitness goals if you stick to a consistent plan for transformation success. As with anything, you have to keep doing the transformation work even when you don't feel like going the extra mile. Always remember that you were doing this for yourself and not to please anyone because transformation is a lifetime journey as well is your personal healthcare investment. Be inspired to make healthy changes and never give up